Hi! let's snip and sew

Hi! let's snip and sew
I'm Sandi, I find fashion to be very intimate, I redesign for the sake of repurposing my wardrobe. Now! Let's Snip & Sew

Monday, September 9, 2013

Queen Elizabeth Era

Here's another fun project for you inspired by the Queen Elizabeth Era. I love dressing up, so I made this piece to add a bit of flair to my wardrobe. I could wear this with a sweater, a dress or a well fitted long sleeve-shirt and its appropriate for both day and night. Lets begin:
       
I took a black ballet tutu and snipped the tulle off the waistband. Then I took the elastic out so I'm left with just the fabric, but it still stretches so it's perfect for this project.
Next, I picked out this lace, which I thought was stunning and sewed both pieces together, starting from the end were I cut the tulle off.
It will look like this.
To wear:
Wrap once, and tuck the fabric inside. 
Thank you for stopping by.
  

      

No comments:

Post a Comment