I decided to modernize this skirt with a high rise slit on both sides, with a slight inversion inwards and made the front shorter than the back (It took many fittings to make sure I remain modest), now sew.
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Monday, September 9, 2013
Here's another fun project for you inspired by the Queen Elizabeth Era. I love dressing up, so I made this piece to add a bit of flair to my wardrobe. I could wear this with a sweater, a dress or a well fitted long sleeve-shirt and its appropriate for both day and night. Lets begin:
I took a black ballet tutu and snipped the tulle off the waistband. Then I took the elastic out so I'm left with just the fabric, but it still stretches so it's perfect for this project.
Next, I picked out this lace, which I thought was stunning and sewed both pieces together, starting from the end were I cut the tulle off.
It will look like this.
Wrap once, and tuck the fabric inside.
Thank you for stopping by.
Tuesday, September 3, 2013
I'm very enthusiastic to share this project with you today.
This jumpsuit has been a part of my wardrobe for some time now, but mainly for work.
The material has held color well so I decided to transform them into a pair of shorts.
First, I snipped the top part off, and sewed the seam.
Then, I used EZ-Steam II two-sided pressure sensitive fusible tape, to bind together the lace and the material.
I'm very happy with the transformation.
My new shorts are ideal for a summer outing!